Skit Van Darken: IL LYCANTHROPE VOCIFERA LA SOPHIA

sexta-feira, 11 de janeiro de 2019

Il Lycanthrope Vocifera La Sophia: an album of originals by Skit Van Darken, an unorthodox artist

I
nterview conducted by: Mena Kutima Teresa for Angolagora Magazine on 09.01.2018.

Skit Van Darken is a psionicist of L. P. Jorge, a young Luanda, beatmaker, rapper, graphic designer, founder and C.E.O of Skit Company, the first exclusive publisher of Horrorcore nationally and sub-Saharan Africa.

What was your inspiration for this work?

The main inspiration for this work was my philosophy of life which consists in the principle that Chaos precedes any form of natural or created order. On the other hand, the daily experiences I have and the angles from which I observe them contributed to my writing each letter of the form and the way it was written.

How do you intend to make the disclosure?

The release of this album will be made taking into account the target audience of the same that in general, is constituted by Internet users that since my first releases are linked to what I do whether they are in Angola or not. The novelty is that it will be my first work and from any other artist being released exclusively on the streaming platform of my label BATIDA. The album will be available be listened for free online and also downloaded from the same platform. We also plan to sell t-shirts and other merchandise related to the work.

Who is your target audience?

My target audience is the regular consumer of Horrorcore and Hardcore in Angola and outside Angola, especially listeners in Brazil, Poland, Peru, Mexico and Mozambique.




Your first album? Only now for what?

Because only now I gather psychological conditions (disposition and patience) and administrative (Time) for such. Normally, I have never been able to commit myself to a project from beginning to end that culminated in a work of originals, sometimes laziness, sometimes because of lack of time.

What is the message that your album brings?

My album brings an alert message to the comfort and awareness of the man. I think the themes considered taboos portrayed on the album have somehow created a predisposition for listeners to better understand our chaotic nature as human beings.

What is the release date?

The release of this album is scheduled for February 3, 2018 exclusively on the BATID platform accessible at www.skitcompany.tk and on my personal blog www.skitvandarken.blogspot.com

Did you have other artists featuring on it?
This album does not count on any participation in voices, but counts on an instrumental level: solo guitar (Charlie Parra Del Riego from Peru) and a production (Bode Negro de Moçambique)

Where were the recordings made?
The recordings were all made in my house, in my room by myself, on behalf of the Skit Company.

Do you want to reach the international market?

Yes. During all these years I have been working for this; creating alliances and pacts that make possible the concretization of the project of internationalization of my music and fortunately it has given results. But I also have a special affection for the Angolan public for having made me what I am.

Did you have person support for the release?

No, I did not. Probably because i did not ask anyone so far.

What are the themes songs on the album?

The album portrays: corruption in the country, police and political repression, financial terrorism, exploitation, sustainable development, crime, depravity, psychopathy, gender violence, occultism, magic, mental disorders, chaos, war, economics, international law , militarism, geopolitics, conspiracy theories, capitalism, futurism and postmodernism, decadentism.

Why did you choose these themes?

Because my mind gravitates around these themes 24/7 and the lives of thousands of people are shaped by events involving one or other of these themes.

Does your album have any difference from the already released singles?

Not significantly. Although I consider each track a particular one and the album itself does a general overview resulting from these particularities ..
...
Thank you very much for the interview given our doors will always be open.